Pelu Aya Flor _ Natural Dye
Pelu Aya Flor is a naturally dyed, two-textured area rug woven by hand on a traditional foot loom from 100% hand-spun sheep’s wool. After washing, mordanting, and soaking the wool overnight, we extracted pigments from cochineal, berries, and onion and experimented with dye baths to create a variety of colors. Cochineal is an insect (native to Latin America) that has been used for centuries in indigenous communities as a dye for textiles.
All of our rugs are designed by Hanne de Wyngaert (Belgium) and then spun, dyed, and handwoven by Mayan weavers in Guatemala. We strive to provide economic opportunity and celebrate indigenous traditions to create beautiful and functional products.
100% HANDMADE & 100% NATURAL DYE
• small handwoven wool area rug
• material: 100% hand-spun sheep wool
• colors: Natural Dye; Cochineal pink, Mulberry lila, Onion yellow, off white and dark brown or black
• weaving technique: foot-loom
• size: 85cm width x 140cm length
• handmade by Maya artisans in Guatemala
• designed by Hanne De Wyngaert in Belgium
• bio cotton ‘Que Onda Vos’ label
• because all products are entirely made by hand, there will always be a slight difference in color and dimension
1 in stock
For more info about orders, please e-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping & Returns +
Worldwide shipping: 35€
If you are delivered outside the European Union, please note that our goods may be subject to import duties and taxes at your own charge. QUE ONDA VOS cannot be held responsible for customs clearance.
If you decide to refuse any shipments from www.queondavos.eu, you are responsible for the original shipping charges to you, any duties, taxes and/or customs charges that are incurred on the package (on both the original and return shipments), and the cost of returning the package to QUE ONDA VOS. This amount will be subtracted from your merchandise refund.
Please note that shipping fees are not refundable.
We accept returns 7 days after delivery. Returned products must not have been washed or used. For more info email us at: email@example.com